Sunday, September 30, 2007

Soulja Boi

I have a very good friend who attends school down in Florida at the University of Central Florida. Over the summer of 2007 my friend had to attend summer classes in order to take the major he desired. After a month or so down in Florida taking summer courses he flew back north to our home state of New Jersey. With him he brought the song that now blasts out of every car window and has its own dance. The song I refer to is, "Crank That" by Soulja Boy. This song is heard everyday and has swept the nation. Its vulgar lyrics that have a disturbing meaning is what all the kids today listen to and repeat religiously. Every one who hears this song automatically begins to show off their dance moves by performing the "crank that" dance. I would like to give credit to my friend who introduced this song to me so early in the summer. I feel like I was able to hear it before most people I know. However, eventually I would have heard this song, so recognition is not something I would really like to award to my dear friend. And as for hearing it, I would much rather not of heard this song...ever.

1 comment:

Emily said...

this made me laugh ..and i agree with you completly